How to configure eduroam/INFN-dot1x for WINDOWS 8 users
You do not need to install SecureW2, since your operating system supports the method EAP-TTLS.
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”. Select “Set up a new connection or network”
- When the dialog opens select “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click Next.
- Make the following entries in the box (please specify eduroam or Infn-dot1x):
- Click Next, and then click on “Change connection settings”.
- Click on the “Security” tab. Verify that the dialog box looks like the one below. Make appropriate changes if it does not.
- Click on the “Settings” button to display the next dialog box, and select PAP as authentication method.
- Now, eduroam or INFN-dot1x will appear in the list of available wireless networks. Please connect.
- Provide the credentials that the computing center gave you. Username: firstname.lastname@example.org