The Functional Unit Software Development and Distributed Systems
(SDDS for short) is tasked with the study, development and support of
distributed software technologies and infrastructures fitting into
the INFN strategic vision for computing, and with technical outreach
and collaboration initiatives linked to scientific experiments and
Additional activities performed by the Unit include:
- Significantly contribute to the preparations of proposals for projects funded at national or international level. Examples of recent projects are INDIGO-DataCloud, EOSC-hub, eXtreme-DataCloud, DEEP-Hybrid DataCloud and ESCAPE.
- Organize the seminar activity at CNAF.
- Teach university and PhD courses and organize trining activities for INFN, schools, public and private institutions.
- Contribute to the organization and teach at ESC, the INFN International School on “Architectures, tools and methodologies for developing efficient large-scale scientific computing applications” held every year in Bertinoro (FC).
- Follow the initiatives towards the HEP Software Foundation.
- Follow and contribute to the evolution of the computing and data distributed infrastructure of the INFN.